The Network Engineer, reporting to IT Manager – European Operations and technically to IT Manager - Network and Telecom, will be part of a global network team responsible for the operations, support, maintenance and design of a complex and highly available global enterprise network.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems as necessary. This monitoring responsibility includes being part of our on-call support rotation.
- Implement, administer, troubleshoot and provide operational support for network infrastructure devices such as firewalls, routers and switches.
- Ensure equipment and software meet or exceed requirements in as it pertains to performance, supportability, and security.
- Create and maintain documentation on all aspects of network infrastructure including participation in the development of hardware, software and documentation standards.
- Interact with various parties in a consultative manner to gather and understand requirements in order to implement acceptable solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
CCNP certification or equivalent experience
5 years - Experience in the configuration, implementation and management of an enterprise network including VOIP and wireless
5 years - Datacenter management and support experience
3-5 years - Hands on experience in configuration and management of enterprise level firewalls
3 years - Experience setting up secure connection to multiple cloud providers
Desired Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN and transport technologies
- Hands-on experience with the Cisco family of products (Nexus/Catalyst switches, Routers, etc).
- Experience managing and troubleshooting wireless technologies.
- Profound experience working with load balancers and Palo Alto technologies
- Architectural experience with Palo Alto Firewall and security protocols
- Strong understanding of monitoring tools (SolarWinds preferred).
- Strong knowledge in routing protocols, specifically BGP.
Optional Technical Skills:
- Experience in QoS and VOIP troubleshooting
- Cisco Unified Communications, ACI and UCS servers
- SD-WAN implementation, migration and support experience
Self-Management: Prioritize and execute multiple projects and tasks in a high-pressure environment and provide timely status. Conduct research on varied topics as required.
Reasoning : Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with customer service orientation.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills while working in a collaborative environment. Must also possess the ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people.
Teamwork: Maintain a collaborative approach in dealing with other Simpson Strong-Tie employees. Demonstrate a genuine commitment to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
Attention to detail: Monitor and review work for accuracy and completeness. Complete work according to procedures and standards.
Travel Required / %: This job requires domestic and international travel, up to 25%.
This full-time exempt position will work from one of our European locations.
To apply, please send a resume to Alexander Hillmann.